Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2021

Technology Science Flower Power

 In science our topic was about flower power. The instruction given to us was to carefully dissect a hibiscus flower and bud to identify and collate the flower and bud parts. The equipment we used was a hibiscus flower, A small knife or scalpel, A sheet of A3 paper, tweezers, glass slide and cover slip, and a microscope. First we had to remove a petal from the hibiscus and a sepal. Next we had to cut the hibiscus in half starting from the thalamus and cutting up to the stigma. When we've finished that we had to take some anthers from the hibiscus and put it onto a glass slide and mash it. After that we had to put two drops of water onto the glass slide and lay a cover slip on top of it, then we put it under a microscope and looked through it.

Here is the doc of Flower Power, PLZ comment




7 comments:

  1. Well done Luisa!! You did great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annyeonghaseyo Luisa

    Wow what a post, there were so many new vocabulary words I read in your post, I found your post very interesting to keep up the good work. You made it sound like you were desperate to get a comment but I am commenting to acknowledge your cool post. Do you like science? If you do, would you consider it as a future career? Have a great day, I hope you enjoyed reading my comment : ). Annyeong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namaste Nia-jaye. I don't think I would consider science as my future career because I don't really like it since it's just to much work for me but thank you for commenting on my blog I really enjoyed reading your comment. Hope you have a good day :) Alavida

      Delete
  3. Kia Orana Luisa. This post had many expensive and advanced vocabulary. I found this post very intresting because I have learnt some new words. Did you know any of those words you've used in your blurb? I have never dissected a flower before and I hope in our next rotation we are in Science so I can have a turn trying to dissect something. Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoj Milika. I knew some of the words but not all. Some words were difficult to pronounce like male gametophyte, female gametophyte and thalamus. Thank you for commenting on my blog and have a nice day :)
      Zbohom

      Delete
  4. Malo E Lelei Lusia. What a post you got there and I like how you've experienced your nice vocabulary and spelling. Did you know those words of by heart or did you have to get some help.? What was your favourite part about doing that.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selam Davis. I didn't know all the vocab off by heart but I knew some such as Stigma, Petal, and Sepal. My favourite part in doing this lesson was mashing the anthers and looking at them under a microscope. Thanks for the nice comment and have a great day :) Hoşçakal

      Delete